Sunday, June 12, 2011

today I...

montana machu picchu

1) Experienced one of the biggest gyms in Chicago. Since I quit my job at a "premier" gym, I had forgotten what a weird place gyms are. Not weird and unlikeable, necessarily. But definitely weird.

2) Tried to explain what "revolution" means to a 6-year-old. And also failed.

3) Was asked (by same 6-year-old), "Is there water in Arizona?" My answer: "Do you mean a lake or drinking water?" (Why did I ask that, are the answers not the same?) "Water for the people to drink..." Aww, perceptions of Arizona.

4) Ate lunch on someone else's bill as part of "working." Came to the conclusion with a friend who was getting a massage on someone else's bill that it was a good day for poor people.

5) Terrified-ly drove a Mercedes-Benz under extreme pressure. Yes, my life is certainly taking turns for the more bizarre.

6) Met up with one of "my" greatest people for coffee and a catch-up session.

7) Wrote in my journal, "I know that I just told you that there is no wrong way to enjoy things but I'll admit: I will be totally crushed if you don't like this book."

8) Concluded that I am pretty sure your sudden niceness is ruining my life, but good thing my life is non-ruinable.

9) Pondered a question I was asked yesterday by a 4-year-old, "Did you notice that you can cut your hair with a sword?"

10) Looked at my pictures from Peru again. Yes, I went to Peru 10 days ago.

11) Am basking in the disgusting filth that is my apartment because I can't remember what laundry I've done and what I haven't.

No comments: