Wednesday, June 25, 2014

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"... "A person"


"Do you remember the happiest moment of your life?"
"My dad used to play trumpet in a big band. One time when I was a kid, he was playing on a cruise ship, and I got to dance with a very wealthy woman."
"Do you remember the saddest moment of your life?"
"When they made me start taking the medication."
"I found a ladybug, a beetle, and a little tiny bug that I don’t know."
"So what advice would you give to other bug collectors?"
"You have to be really focused and find a rock that is big but not too big and you lift it up and if there’s not any bugs you put it back down. But if there is a bug and you like it, you put it in your bug jar. But if you don’t like it you put it back and put the rock back down."

"What’s your sister’s best quality?"
"What does ‘quality’ mean?"
"What’s the best part of her personality?"
"She doesn’t really have a personality yet."

"We’re eye doctors."
"What’s something about the eye that most people don’t realize?"
"The eye doesn’t see. The brain sees. The eye just transmits. So what we see isn’t only determined by what comes through the eyes. What we see is affected by our memories, our feelings, and by what we’ve seen before."


So tired but couldn't stop reading through Humans of New York tonight. I've been trying to be more focused when I do things and do things that are more satisfying. I guess this was my alternative to mindlessly scrolling through Facebook. The first one kind of got me because I've been on the prescribing end of those medications and you always see things from your perspective, only. We think we are helping but it's the saddest moment of this man's life. 

No comments: