Tuesday, March 15, 2011

List of Things That Are Beautiful

IMG_0425

Here is a page from my journal. I can't exactly remember why I decided to come up with this list. But I began it in November and would add to it periodically. I think the last few things were written in January.

The text:
  • skin after just waking up
  • dark nail polish
  • post-workout burn
  • early morning silence
  • winter fog (especially over the city)
  • his kisses. really.
  • bravery
  • textig one of your best friends and reading until you fall asleep
  • laying in bed in blatant overuse of the space heater laughing with Danny (phone) about what cocky assholes we are, "j and d find an emotion"
  • total reciprocation
  • a classy woman
  • dreaming about places to be traveled and adventures to be had
  • standing in the middle of the street squinting at a crumpled map and not giving a damn
  • self-deprecation (the light-hearted, know when to stop kind)
  • my sweet/always laughs at the ridiculous things I say/says ridiculous things herself/really hoping she doesn't get married too young best friend, my babygirl/soulmate in the way that I can predict her favorite anything by asking myself if I like it best friend, my curmudgeon/we laugh so hard in restaurants, walking down the street, in coffeeshops, in his car best friend; my wine drinking in parks on summer nights/insightful like crazy best friend
  • people who are crazy obsessive hard-working FOR A REASON OR DREAM
  • the skein of yarn that is hanging over my chair waiting to be wound
  • the catchlights in everybody's eyes
  • Chicago skyline, every night- especially in September and October
  • airports, always
  • the paradox between travel and home
  • the dream right after you hit the snooze button or beg someone to give you 15 more minutes (always the best)
  • the things we live without
  • the thins we will never, ever have to live without
Do you agree with any of these things? What would make your list? I might need to start a new page of beautiful things.

3 comments:

Bulimic Albino said...

"people who are crazy obsessive hard-working FOR A REASON OR DREAM"

I love that. Passion is one of the most beautiful things in the world. I've spent the past few years doing technical work on theatre productions, and some of the actors I've gotten to work with absolutely amaze me with their onstage and offstage fire.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...


Found your blog. It is full of really good information. Thank you for sharing. If you ever need service on ac repair please visit us at rheemteamcomfort.com. We would love it if you would have a look at some of our blogs and let us know your thoughts.