Friday, March 8, 2013

things i absolutely need to do this weekend:
































1. Interview tomorrow
2. Babysit Saturday
3. Painting class Sunday
4. Work out.
5. Be caught up in class.
6. Make thank you cards.
7. Grocery shop.
8. Clean my bathroom.
9. Fold my clothes.
10. Clean floors.
11.  Order textbooks.
12. Wash linens.

I guess here's where I say something that solidifies my old woman status, but I don't even care and have fully embraced who I am. Who I am is someone ready for productivity and studying super hard. My last claim to young womanhood- I have no kids so I feel like all the chores I need to do combined should take 30-45 minutes. I know some people having babies now, and they're cute, and I'm sure they wouldn't want their lives any other way, but man I am happy when I think about how easy my apartment is to clean because there is no child who just smashed cheese on the walls, which I have cleaned off walls before and is not so fun to do. Or when I can somewhat irresponsibly and spontaneously spend $15 on coffee each week because that won't be the difference between whether my baby can eat for the day or not, I can't help but think... FREEDOM!

1 comment:

Christielli said...

AMEN. I feel the same way about the freedom that you have when not having kids.

Today I cooked myself a nice dinner of lemon dill chicken and veggies. I ate one portion myself and then packed the other three portions into Tupperware containers (lunch for the next three days!). I thought about how lucky I was to not have a family since I got all the leftovers for myself and wouldn't have to cook again for a bit.

The point of that story is that I totally identify with this post.