Tuesday, February 8, 2011

lifelines


Last night at 8:30, on my way home via the Brown Line from Diversey and before my transfer to the Blue Line, I may or may not have stopped by the very amazing Harold Washington Library... in order to use the bathroom. After being trapped indoors for a day last week (a blizzard or something), I went all out Thursday through Sunday, getting to see all my favorite people in what is still my favorite city.

I forgive the need to spend over an hour shoveling a very small parking spot with a friend using a shovel and an ice scraper as an ice pick. And the 7 feet piles of snow lining the streets and sidewalks. I'm just saying because there has been talk amongst some of my friends about moving and I really get it, but we have to remember too that this is the price we pay for the spring, summer, and fall.

1 comment:

Christielli said...

I really agree with the last sentence of this post!