Monday, December 12, 2011

paris club

My good friend James and I went to Paris Club on Saturday evening. And by evening, I mean 4:30 PM. Apparently, it is totally an old person thing to do, but there are many benefits to doing this. First, you avoid lines and really, any sort of wait. James and I had tried to come here a few months ago around 7 PM, but ended up being told that we wouldn't be able to eat until 10 PM. Just get here a few hours earlier, and the bar and dining room are your oyster. Additionally, you may find that halfway through your meal, you are informed that you got the Happy Hour special, which at Paris Club is 50% off all appetizers. And finally, you finish eating around 6:30 and by the time you get home, including taking the train the wrong direction the first time, it's only 7:30. Okay, so that's the old person part.

Anyway, this place made me miss Paris. It made me miss the entire past year when I nannied, ran birthday parties, worked at the gym, did whatever I could to save money to travel.

We ordered Escargot Bourguignonne, French Onion Fondue (Gruyere), Chicken Terrine, and Frites Fromage (amazing dip for the fries)- not pictured.



I didn't like the chicken terrine as much, although it was still good. Everything else was phenomenal in taste. Here are a few pictures of us- I'm looking way excited about the escargot that looked like a little mushroom cap. And I wanted to take a picture of James with the Eiffel Tower print behind him. We had a lot of fun catching up after my semester of disappearance.

Sorry about the delay- I am still in the midst of a full-on do nothing recovery session!

1 comment:

Christielli said...

Awesome! I love Paris too. What a wonderful city. Paris Club sounds so cool.