Friday, December 30, 2011

travel smart


I have been thinking about realistic goals for this upcoming year. This poster seems like a pretty good summation of what I should be trying to do. I posted about streamlining my life and getting rid of a lot of stuff. I've also started thinking about traveling. And how I should be saving money typically used on stuff on travel instead because that's what really makes me happy. It seems that all my goals are related. Have less, do more. I want to be really engaged in every aspect of my life this year and more focused on the things that matter. 

Speaking of traveling, I love this scratch-off map. It's from I Want One of Those, but it seems that they only ship to the UK. Luckily, it seems it's carried in a few other online shops, like Flight 001, which I just found has a location in Chicago. This is, of course, extremely inconvenient, given my aforementioned swearing off of things, but it might be the last thing I buy. Clearly, I haven't decided how stringent I'm going to be with all this yet.

And something else I can't help but chuckle at, because chuckling at things that are taken too seriously or too far to the extreme is way too easy, A Mobile Foodie Survival Kit. In case you can't get your foodie flavors when traveling:


1 comment:

Christielli said...

Yah, that first poster you posted totally sums up a great way to summarize new year's goals.

I almost bought that scratch map for a friend for Christmas. Now, I'm wondering why I didn't get it for myself... hmmm! I think you should totally get it! It's something you'll have for always!