Thursday, September 23, 2010

Everything I do from now on is going to be incredibly funny.

"Jocelyn, I'm going to be about 20 minutes late."
"That's fine.... I'm going to blog now. And it's going to be about you being late."

But that's not what I'm really doing. Here are my random "fun" goals I hope to achieve by the end of 2010.

1. Furnish and decorate my apartment. I mean, honestly? I've been here since June. It's fully furnished, as of two weeks ago, and the addition of a dresser last week made it seem even more furnished, but here's the thing... there is nothing on the walls. Except for a few random things I hung up just to see on nails that were already in the walls. I have several prints/postcards/miscellany that are ready to go on walls, but I need frames. I'm always looking for frames. Last week I went to a rummage sale and got some awesome things, but not many frames.

2. Sign up for a cooking class and "other" class. I am looking for a cooking class in Chicago that is more than one (expensive) session. You know, something that meets once a week for several weeks. I so far have only been able to find classes that are one day. I also am planning on taking a class, possibly pottery or screenprinting, two skills that I don't have yet. I was talking to my friends last night and I think it bothers me when I don't know how to do something... even if it's something like screenprinting.

3. Compile a booklist. This year, I am reading. A lot. I thought it might be fun to gain more perspective from friends, teachers, and advisers by asking what books have changed their ways of thinking, their lives, or just meant a lot to them. I specified that they could give me as little or as much reasoning as to why they chose certain books. I so far have e-mailed many of my friends (some of whom I know every book that they've read in the past 5 years anyway) and have just the hardest part left to do, naturally--which is to e-mail the teachers and advisers whom I've respected.

4. Send packages to friends. I have these boxes and packaging I want to reuse. I like sending mail. I know many of my friends who would really appreciate getting mail. I want them to know I am thinking about them. It seems to make sense.

No comments: