Monday, December 13, 2010

and there's gold falling from the ceiling of this world, falling from the heartbeat of this girl

This morning, the wind woke me up. To me, that meant it would be necessary to wear a light sweater, a Snuggie rolled up (seriously), and a Columbia fleece under my winter jacket. I was very warm on top. Legs, not so much. It snowed all day and was quite beautiful out, particularly when I was inside the warm store, working. Three-year-olds warm my heart and good parents more so.

I worked all day and considered meeting up with my friend at a sports bar to watch the Bears game, but man, that weather was a very convincing argument to go home. I caught the end of a demoralizing game at home and proceeded to fall asleep for an hour. I thought about studying, but ended up sitting in a handknit sweater:

1) Knitting
2) Drinking tea that I bought when I was in New York last March
3) Trying very hard not to think too much
4) Listening to:



Despite the fact that there were moments during my commute (which involves walking to bus stops) when I couldn't help but say, "Am I alive right now?!", today was a good day. The perfect end to another rough week.

1 comment:

Christielli said...

Oooh, I love that band! Their latest album is great!

Sitting around and knitting and drinking tea is so the way to spend a freezing day.