Saturday, December 11, 2010

where i get my smile from

Hello loves. I sort of fell out of love with my blog. And the internet in general. And I would even say I fell a little out of love with myself. I know that they say (in a way that is truly annoying- which is not to say untrue) that "loving yourself" is important. I have yet to verify this. As in, loving yourself is beneficial, yes, but is it necessary? Then again, is it really necessary to be so compulsive about determining whether things are necessary? So there you have it. I am attempting to purge my life of the things that appalled me or made me feel weak in November.

Last week, I went to the first yoga class that I'd been to since the summer and it did wonders. It brought me back. Never mind that I am so obviously replacing all the inappropriate things in my life with more socially accepted substitutes :)

Here are some things I found today that are my definition of beautiful:

1. Morse Code Necklaces by Coatt. I think this is genius. A bracelet would be even more perfect (for me).

2. These paintings... I feel at peace. I love all of them, but these are my favorite.
Pretty canvas print.

3. Crumpled City maps. My idea of the way traveling should be done.


4. Bon Iver. Always. For some reason, my iTunes didn't recognize the songs on the CD when I put them on my computer. Manually typing them in (finally) was cathartic.
5. This reminds me of someone I adore too much:

6. These past few nights=talking to my brother, watching movies on his bed (okay, a movie. Singular. Yes, I am that person who does not have time for multiple movies), figuring it out. It's been crazy; I'm trying hard to slow down.

7. "If someone breaks your heart, just punch them in the face. Oh sure, it seems obvious now, but you’d be amazed at how many people don’t think of it when it’s relevant. Seriously, just punch them in the face and go get some ice cream." -Chuck Klosterman

1 comment:

Christielli said...

I wish I could fall out of love with the internet. Sometimes I feel it's a like a bad boyfriend that sucks me in far too often when I could be doing so much better things.

Good for you for doing yoga. I haven't done a class in forever. I should. I actually dreamt about it last night.