Tuesday, January 25, 2011

all i will say about the shame that was the game on sunday

Dear Jay,
We could have used you... you know, in the game, as opposed to on the sidelines? Because, as you may have deduced from personal experience, the quarterback is like a major part of the offense. But what do I know, I'm just the girl who walked around with a sprained ankle for two months.

N.B. Through various calculations, I deem that the length of time I suffered compared to yours (2 months vs. 1.5 hours) compensates for the intensity of your physical activity compared to mine (having 200-350 pound men running at you vs. walking, running, tripping, falling, swimming, and yoga).

I'm not mad. And I know you are getting a lot of heat, both from people who know nothing about professional athletics (Chicagoans who would've loved to see our men in the Superbowl) and people who do know (other coaches and players). But I was just wondering where you were. I mean, mentally, because I did see you, physically, on the sidelines.

Regards,
J

No comments: