Wednesday, May 18, 2011

over the phone

"Guess what I ate for dinner... Nevermind I don't think you'll be able to guess."
"Pizza? Pasta? Salad? Rice? etc."
"Are you done?"
"No... a sandwich? Chicken?"
"Yes!"
"Okay, so chicken on a sandwich?"
"No... just chicken."
"..."
"And strawberries, blackberries, and cheese."
"Are you on a paleo diet?"
"What... is that?"
"You're only allowed to eat what cavemen could eat. So it's mostly berries, lettuce and some meat"
"Okay, I could see how it seems like that... but I was just eating some strawberries and blackberries and I thought to myself that I should get some protein... hence the chicken. But I was too lazy to do anything with it."
"...and the cheese."
"Yes. I was craving cheese."
"Really?"
"Pretty much always."
(Your rare laughter)

So... what I'm trying to get across with this conversation is that my plan to cook different and unique meals is going great... not. But I did learn that I eat like a caveman. Day 3 and I have already run out of meal ideas.

No comments: