Thursday, May 26, 2011

scarf for jeff

It's really cold here. Still. I'm actually pretty okay with the alternating cold and hot weather, but it seemed appropriate to put up another project I worked on this winter. I haven't knit anything in probably the past month (and ripped out what I had been working on before that) due to traveling quite a bit and never being quite prepared enough to bring any knitting. But I'm determined not to pretty much completely stop knitting, as I did last summer.

Speaking of last summer...

Last summer, Jeff and I were heading to Whole Foods for lunch when we commented on how incredibly hot it was getting. Weather-wise, I am not entirely opposed to moving to Alaska in order to avoid the scorching, humid heat. I was just telling Jeff how I feel nervous just thinking about hot weather. As he was laughing about yet another irrational fear of mine, he asked if I could knit him a scarf for his birthday. He wanted it black.

Jeff's birthday was a few weeks away in early June, so that wasn't going to work out. In fact, I didn't even get started on this scarf until mid-October. And I also couldn't use black. This color, to me, screams Jeff. I tell him this all the time, but he has the most gorgeous green eyes. Green invariably reminds me of him.
handknit scarf for jeffhandknit scarf for jeff
I really loved working on this for a dear friend. The stitch pattern is pretty fun and easy to remember after awhile. Mostly, I loved that he loved it.

Project Details:
Pattern: Beagle Scarf by Nora Gaughan
Needles: Size 8
Yarn: KnitPicks Andean Treasure (100% Baby Alpaca)- 3.5-4 skeins

Oh, and here's Jeff (with me and Nitin).
And I can't help but mention this:


No comments: