Monday, May 2, 2011

why: a conversation

Should I quit school and be a fashionista?

I'm not sure what being a fashionista entails. Also, I think my skill is not singing as much as it is lip synching, air guitar, and making the radio loud enough to mask my voice.

Why are you suddenly doubting your singing? I'm not positive what is involved with being a fashionista either, but while reading the newspaper today, there was an article about a fashionista and it seems like she was just giving advice about fashion and finding what looks good. I too could come up with random tips. It sounds like the people who tell you to use eggs on your pimples.

I think I just re-evaluated my singing talents in an effort to find my niche. I wanted to share my findings. Given your distaste for vanity I feel fashionista is not the best career for you. Although I'm sure you're more than capable of dispensing glamour tips.

It's more the idea that I can give people confidence and make them feel better about themselves with something as simple as flattering clothes that appeals to me. And a little bit being able to procure ridiculous advice.

What makes you think there aren't hundreds of other women that want to do the same thing? The difference is that for some people that is the best they can offer society whereas you would be taking the easy road. Which I know you do not like to do.

Fine, side job? I will divide my time between being a doctor, being a fashionista, and listening to you sing (whether privately or in a band or to a radio). Sounds good?

Time management will be an issue but I think it can work. You write a weekly online article on fashion and beauty tips. Easy. Your primary job is school/medicine. The rest of your time will be spent attempting to seduce me. If you are successful, I will sing.

...Do you even know what seduction is?

I think I do.

No comments: