Thursday, February 2, 2012

Duck N Roll and Get Curried Away

Here are the other two savory food trucks that I went to last week. Duck'N'Roll was my absolute favorite of all the ones we tried. Saad and I both had the Duck Gumbo. It was amazing. It was spicy and flavorful without being over-the-top. Perfect ingredients, which, according to the website, included duck, spicy turkey sausage, smoked beef sausage, jalapenos, corn, carrots, celery, onions, tomatoes. Nitin ordered the thai curry chicken bánh mì. I only had a bite, but it was a bite that packed quite a punch.
On Friday, we went to Get Curried Away. I really liked the chicken masala but didn't like the chickpeas as much. Saad thought just the opposite though. I love Indian food and am always looking to try different places so I can get a more holistic eating experience so this was great.
Next post.... the sweet food trucks.
This was a rogue food truck that wasn't supposed to be at our school that particular day, but came back... hopefully because it had great success the day before and not because it was confused. I think the idea of food trucks having a mind of their own and just cavorting around the city streets is a funny one.

No comments: