Tuesday, February 7, 2012

for a time i rest in the grace of the world, and i am free


"I want to taste and glory in each day, and never be afraid to experience pain; and never shut myself up in a numb core of nonfeeling, or stop questioning and criticizing life and take the easy way out. To learn and think: to think and live; to live and learn: this always, with new insight, new understanding, and new love."

-Sylvia Plath

Putting on this (un-ironed, oops) white coat for the first time was a good moment for me. The ceremony is a symbolic one and doesn't mean much in actuality, since at that point, school hadn't even started yet. But it was the beginning of all our paths toward becoming doctors. It has definitely been a difficult one, but one that is helping me figure out what is important to me every day. One that is teaching me how to be a better version of myself. One that is teaching me balance. One that is teaching me that sleep can be substituted by less time-sucking measures such as caffeine (and have that plan quickly thwarted by a huge time-sucker known as the Internet). And most of all, one that is giving me something to live and learn about all the time.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

glad to have re-discovered your blog. All the best in your journey. Dr.