Monday, February 6, 2012

the ultimate love letter

I mentioned last week that I had completed one of the items on my Bucket List to send out a really good package. I think "Ultimate" might've been the word I used, but I'm hoping that's just a phase I was going through because I entitled its contents the "Ultimate Love Letter" as well. I wanted to make a scrapbook that I eventually decided was not unlike a love letter in its mushiness. And thus was born this idea. I took pictures in case it got lost in the mail (upon which I would be subsequently crushed). I've been wanting to share projects on here lately, so here goes.

It was a huge mess, but also a lot of fun to use my hands and make something. I basically divided the book into two categories, "things I love about you" and "good or important moments." I used a black, smaller folder that I had saved at one point, probably thinking I could re-use it.
I liked it as a folder, but as I added more pages, I ended up having to cut it because it looked like it was exploding. As is hopefully not apparent from this blog, exploding/overflowing things seems to be a theme in my life. I've been trying to be flexible, rather than force something that's clearly not going to work... to work. (Another life theme) So it's become essentially two cardstock cover sheets. But I'm okay with that.

I also used pictures as their own pages and wrote on the picture or let it stand on its own as a "page." I really liked how that looked.

And here are some of the pages that had mostly words and paper. I did occasionally include pictures on the pages, but most of the pages were text. I blurred out the writing because while much of the book was light-hearted, ours is a deeply personal story to us.
Getting to send this and watching it be read over Skype was totally worth the broken hole puncher and exploded hole punches everywhere. I hope that we can keep adding to the book and adding to our memories in general.

No comments: