Sunday, January 27, 2013

kiwi's big adventure






































This afternoon was rainy, icy and quiet. I didn't get as much schoolwork done as I had wanted, which is the story of my life but I think I needed a break. I still plan on getting more done later in the night. Instead I tried a green tea called Kiwi's Big Adventure. I definitely need to try some more before I can give a final recommendation because it was quite flavorful and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. I really love earthy green teas but I think I'm coming around to flavored ones too. I don't know how I feel about the "artificial flavoring" probably because there is a shroud of mystery around the term "artificial flavoring" and I don't know what that is. Next time I may need to take a better look at the ingredients and pick one without that.









Tea: Kiwi's Big Adventure
Steeping: 1 tsp per cup, Steep 2-3 min in 180 F water.
Ingredients: Green tea, apple, kiwi, lemon grass, lemon peel, artificial flavoring

Description: This kiwi-spiked green tea is a real treat. From the second the aroma hits you, you know you're in for something special. Sweet, fruity, tart and lively, it's an adventure you won't soon forget.

Other: My brother is currently trying to talk his way out of getting new dress pants, presumably with my mom. I can only imagine what she is saying, "I know you have a really dark black pair but you need one that is less black, for casual dressy situations." Sorry for the facetiousness, Mom. I'm not sure what point my brother is trying to make in his half-Chinese, half-English, "It's less common to wear dress-pants because they don't go with other clothes!"

"Alright. Bye." He hung up the phone and I know he has lost the battle.

"Jocelyn, they want me to wear dresspants over my jeans." Now, I knew that they (probably) didn't just think of that idea and it had been a compromise, poorly executed, like that story in the Bible about the baby you have to either cut in half or just let the other person take the whole thing. My parents are definitely in the cutting the baby in half camp.

1 comment:

Christielli said...

Oh man, that tea is from David's Tea isn't it? I love David's (as you know). It's a new addiction. I go for a lot of the chocolately and dessert-y teas, not so much the fruity teas, but I'll try this one next time I'm in the mood for a fruity tea.

The story of your brother reminds me of my students. So many of them wear their jeans underneath their uniform pants at school.