Thursday, January 24, 2013

today was coffee, tomorrow is fresh tea and pumpkin cookies


just a few notes.

Today is for feeling strong and smart. Exercising and studying. The only creative thing I did today was make envelopes for some cards I'm trying to send. That's enough. Raspberries will forever remind me of Kayla and the way she ate raspberries, which was by sticking her index finger into the top and plopping it on her tongue. I eat them late at night and nearly forget the last one (with some Honeybush tea that I'm trying to steep so it's strong enough for me). I'm managing to pack enough food to last me during the day until I can get home eight hours later and even though it's not, I think it's pretty cool. I think it's pretty sad that there is a whole separate women's fitness industry- separate gyms and activities- perhaps because women don't feel safe and comfortable working out at the same gyms as men? That level of discomfort and invasion of privacy is not okay. Going to a gym to find like-minded women who enjoy the same workouts you do is okay. But a woman lifting heavy weights is awesome. And waking up warm is a much better way to start out the day.

2 comments:

Christielli said...

I love this post. I always love your writing and photography.

I used to be the kind of girl who thought that I'd only be comfortable in a woman's only gym. However, I joined a co-ed gym and I'm so glad I did. No need to feel uncomfy at all.

I hired myself a personal trainer for the first 6 months of 2013 to help me with the lifting of the heavy weights. It's gonna be a strong year for me.

Jocelyn said...

You know, Christy, I think the way that I wrote that made it seem like I thought that it's not okay for women to feel uncomfortable, when actually, I meant it's not okay that men (and/or maybe other women?) have put women in the position to feel that they can only be active and mobile in a certain setting. E-mailing you!