Friday, November 19, 2010

personality test

Don't laugh. Yesterday, I took this Myers-Briggs personality test. And following a hunch, I made my brother take it. During October, it was one of my goals to engage better with the people around me. I found the difficulty to be nice to my brother rather alarming and throughout the past few weeks, I began to wonder whether there was a reason that I could absolutely not understand most of his motives and general way of going about life. It turns out that our personality types were quite the polar opposite.

I found out that my "personality type" is ENTJ- Extraverted, Intuition, Thinking, Judging. It's kind of interesting, and I will admit, oddly accurate.

According to the ENTJ Wikipedia Page:
"ENTJs focus on the most efficient and organized means of performing a task. This quality, along with their goal orientation, often makes ENTJs superior leaders, both realistic and visionary in implementing a long-term plan. ENTJs tend to be fiercely independent in their decision making, having a strong will that insulates them against external influence. Generally highly competent, ENTJs analyze and structure the world around them in a logical and rational way. Due to this straightforward way of thinking, ENTJs tend to have the greatest difficulty of all the types in applying subjective considerations and emotional values into the decision-making process."

My brother, on the other hand, was an ISTP Personality Type. For now, I'm just going to put it out there and think about the ramifications and ways that our personalities can be used to our advantages to achieve or connect/work with others.