Saturday, October 9, 2010

all of these lines across my face tell the story of who i am

All the stitches are removed and all that remains is this bandage that I'm supposed to try to keep on "for cosmetic purposes." I'm getting ready for bed now, but it occurred to me that someday I might forget the week I walked around with a band-aid on my face (I'm talking those big, skin-toned ones) and finally had enough of it, peeled it off, and am left with these strips (week 2). And anyway, you can't just go around forgetting things like that. Hence, these pictures. I'm also supposed to be keeping it dry, but I sacrificed having a pristine face for playing with 8-year-old boys in the pool instead. Don't even kid yourself into thinking that you can stay dry with boys.

Tomorrow is a big day. I need to wake up, pack for my overnight trip, clean up around the house, then work. And then overnight trip, coming back home and working some more! Honestly? I love just about every minute of my jobs.

I'm obsessed. This is a woman.

No comments: