Friday, October 15, 2010

the moon like a spotlight on the lake

This morning was exactly what the title of this blog is all about. You see, I have a view of our beautiful skyline. Almost. There is a large tree obstructing it. But since the leaves have been falling, the view through my see-through curtains becomes less and less obstructed each day. A good question is why my curtains are white and see-through- I took down the outer dark, drab curtains that actually serve to curtainize my windows and have yet to put up real ones that function. Which I'm starting to think should be done soon because I have this theory that my room is so cold because it's coming in through the windows.
chicago
This is not my view, seeing as I do not live in a CTA Blue Line stop (and for that I am thankful), but it's a picture I took last fall (apparently September 13).

Not only for the almost-view, but it is one of those mornings in which the sun is attempting to break through the clouds but not being so successful. I find it perfect. And furthermore, waking up to e-mails about the fun plans in the works for tonight and an e-mail entitled "Bella!" ("Beautiful")

And also knitting for half an hour to this song on repeat:

But mostly, waking up to friends asking whether a goatee should be grown out or shaved and about second dates being bad in bed. Right, because of my excessive knowledge of facial hair, I am the person to ask about that; or maybe the question was posed due to my friend's knowledge of my extremely strong opinions on facial hair. And then I get a text that will throw a wrench into the kid's party I'm running this weekend and it's back to reality and off to work. One October morning.

No comments: