Thursday, October 7, 2010

What Worked in September


This is the last time I'm going to explicitly state it: I'm doing an awful job at blogging. Not only am I simply not finding the time in a day to blog, but I am blogging about cowls and jewelry? What? And I'm pretty sure I'm going to do it again about a different cowl and different jewelry? So it goes.

Here are the positive improvements I made in September:
-Used a Nalgene-esque water bottle. What are these things called? Anyway, re-usable. This was good because I could finally let go of the immense guilt that I felt from using plastic water bottles this summer. Haha, I felt it every day. Not only that, but there are little tick marks on the side so you can kind of keep track of how much water you drank. I say "you," because I didn't really count. Mine was more, did I finish all the water in the bottle or not? But I've gotten to the point that I can now drink two, easily. And on days I forget it, I feel dehydrated. I've only used a plastic water bottle once, and on that day, I still felt thirsty.

-The morning routine of getting up to sit on the porch and relax as a way of beginning the day. It was still one of the best things I did, until I couldn't get up so early anymore. I will be going to sleep earlier in order to wake up earlier.

-I started actually getting pretty addicted to swimming and the awesome hot showers that I took at the gym. The water in my apartment doesn't get hot enough for my liking. And then I had a cyst excised from my face and couldn't get it (my face? the cyst's remnant scar?) wet for this week. Next week, starting back up!

-I'm starting to get a routine in order. I have to recognize that no, my life will never be as perfectly structured as I'd like (well, secretly, it's not so much that I'd like it as the fact that I may need it), but I do need to work hard to make every day as much of a day as possible. That may mean spending more time at home to get things done, but we'll see.

-When I had fun, I had fun. When I worked, I worked hard.

-I accomplished goal #4.

I did ok on my September goals. I'm going to say that I started on all of them, except maybe the healthy eating one. Not good, that one.

1 comment:

Christielli said...

Well done on saying good bye to plastic water bottles. They are one of my pet peeves. Argh, I could go on about their evils, but yay for you for making the switch!