Monday, October 4, 2010

Fall Fashion Love Letter

For some reason, I thought that I had saved a lot more pictures of examples of fall fashion that I love, but seeing as how I had not, this will probably end up being part one. First: gold jewelry. I used to love silver, but for the past few yeasr, I've been all about brass and gold. Especially gold. I love things that are "tough" and gold. Like the snake above, or beetles, geometric shapes. The exception of silver I love is a bracelet my friend brought me back from Egypt that clasps as an Ankh. It's a rusty silver and I adore it.
Cowls. I can't wait to knit one, maybe two. I think I'm going to use this yarn that I bought last year and used to make a hat. I can't take apart the hat anymore, even though it's way too big for my head, but there is plenty of leftover yarn, maybe enough to make a small cowl?

Interesting backs to shirts and dresses. Backs are sexy.
Rompers. I tried this one on (from Urban Outfitters) and it is fantastic. I didn't get it, but I do have two in my wardrobe.
I saw a knit sweater like this at a church rummage sale before I even saw this picture. I almost bought the sweater, until I talked myself out of it due to the realization of how absolutely ridiculous I looked swimming in this sweater.
That said, oversized sweaters and scarves. Oversized anything. Comfortable and chic.

Love geometry in fashion. But look at those shoes. I would die if I had those shoes. And then I would asked to be buried in them.
Aztec/Mayan/Indian prints of any kind. Tribal anything... I'm not discriminatory.

No comments: