Monday, October 11, 2010

Stuffed Peppers

Great weekend. I think I'm beginning to master work hard, play hard. Saturday morning, instead of the usual puttering around until it's almost too late to leave the house and get to work on time, I stuffed some peppers, pictured above.

I don't have exact quantities of things I used. I think this is one of the first times that I decided to just throw things together. Usually, I don't have that kind of confidence in the kitchen, so if I'm making something, I like to know exact quantities. I also know that it makes it frustrating to read about, but it's also great because I think that the taste will be about the same and not taste awful if you aren't precise.

I used:
  • Two poblano peppers
  • Couscous (substitution for rice because I may have made way too much couscous at some point last week)
  • Black beans from a 15 oz can (still have half the can leftover)
  • Mozzarella Cheese
  • Onions (afterthought... actually, more like: ingredient that I bought for this purpose, then forgot about and remembered at the last second)
Baked for 30 minutes at 425 F.

Throughout the course of the morning, I became curious about how to chop onions "correctly," and thus did some research. It's great that research now means Youtube searching. I came across a video that shows what is apparently the only way to do it correctly, but it lasted 10 minutes, so that was not going to happen. I like this one because the lady in it is so country and this is how I will be chopping onions until someone shows me a better way in under ten minutes:



After working, drove to central Illinois to visit some favorite people. Although I was proud of remembering to take a picture of the pepper, there were definitely no pictures of the night. A great time was had by all, though. Headed back up the next morning (while wanting to stay longer!) to work at my various jobs and ended up getting back home to relax at 10:30 PM or so. Awesome weekend; I feel so lucky to love my jobs and friends. Also have jobs in which the parents will often offer me cake and Sweet Mandy B's cupcakes.

No comments: