Tuesday, October 19, 2010

How to Deal with Fleas

We have fleas. Theories of their entry into our home (I always have theories):

1) New plants (although we've had them for at least 3-4 weeks, I'd say).

2) Lodged in a tuft of my brother's (also my roommate) hair and carried in against their wills whereupon they could do nothing else but breed.

3) Small hole in the screen of my "balcony."

4) The development of super flying abilities and supreme psychic powers to discern that our apartment would be the perfect home.

I have disqualified all these theories due to their outlandish natures, particularly that one about the plants.

Actions taken (I always take action):
1) Spend 20 minutes while getting ready today taking a catalog and physically smashing as many as possible against the bathroom mirror, which is where they like to land. Killed: 10

2) Own a pet spider. Killed: 0

3) Forget to drink second cup of tea in the morning and come home at night to drink it. After several sips, see two dead fleas. Killed: 2

Although I am by default a proactive person, I have only partaken in two of the aforementioned plans of action, and only one on purpose.

Steps on the Road to Recovery:
1) Anger: See Actions Taken Step #1.
2) Confusion: See Theories #1-4
3) Lament: See blog post and Gchat with a friend.
4) Panic and wonder why life has begun to rapidly fall apart before my eyes (See Actions Taken #3)
5) Realization: make the very obvious observation that there are many worse things that could be happening.
6) Write blog post.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Ahahaha ... <3 it! (Not that I'm hoping you continue to have fleas)

Wash, rinse, and repeat ^.~