Monday, October 25, 2010

i love you more than songs can say

1. I am in love with the perfect styling of the Russian Doll story in Rowan Magazine 48. I want to knit everything. My favorite is the jacket/poncho on the top left.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

2.Knitting.
Photobucket
I finished weaving in all the ends of the sweater that I worked on in September. I like it, I think. I still have to add a button and possibly belt loops, if that's any indication of what kind of sweater it is. I'll be posting about it soon, hopefully before I take it out and make it into a blanket. I really hope I don't do that. But I might do that. I'm somewhat in need of starting a new project because I'm at a standstill with this other project I'm working on. Details/pictures coming this week.

3. Swimming.
Photobucket
I figured out that these past two days, swimming is the only thing keeping me in the game. "The game" being not spontaneously collapsing under the strain of my body that can no longer handle massive amounts of pumpkin pie and miscellaneous carbohydrates.

4. Rain at night. There is nothing sweeter.
IMG_0988
5. Pumpkins. A rather delectable pumpkin pie recipe is forthcoming.
Photobucket

6. Fishtail Braid.
Photobucket
If I finish showering and don't have enough time to dry my hair completely, I usually pull it back into a French braid because it's less abrasive-seeming than a ponytail. I haven't always been able to French braid my own hair, although I have pretty much always been able to French braid someone else's. I JUST learned how to do this braid and I'm not good yet, but I love it oh so much.

7. Friends and moments. This is one of mine, and a good reminder to have the camera around.
IMG_0286

8. Omanhene Dark Chocolate (80% Cocoa Content).
Photobucket

9. Jack Kerouac: "The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars."

10. Laughing with my brother. It's refreshing after nothing but yelling this morning.

[Images 2, 3, 6 found on weheartit.com; 1 is from knitrowan.com, others are my own]

1 comment:

a.lo said...

I absolutely love number 9. Also, you need to stop posting duplicates, because then I get super excited until I see it's the same post. Then...disappointment.