Thursday, January 26, 2012

goals: give flowers

Goal for 2012: Buy flowers for someone. The perfect opportunity presented itself when a bunch of tango students decided that we wanted to present our teachers with flowers at the Winter Ball. I am sad that I totally forgot to take a picture of what I chose from the Chicago Flower Company, but it looked a little bit like this. Pink lilies, white flower mums, eggplant calla lilies, and green berries. I wanted to make sure it looked great so I was a little bit obsessive about handpicking the bouquet, but the flower shop owner was great and let me do my own thing. I've never bought flowers for anyone before, but I would definitely recommend this florist because when I apologized for taking forever and being annoying, he denied it and even gave us a discount for "being cool." It was a very chill experience, even for someone like me who wanted a perfect bouquet. I even learned that hydrangeas don't hold up well in a bouquet that will be sitting out all night. Most importantly, the recipients were thrilled and said they were just to their taste.

[image from here]

No comments: