Thursday, March 15, 2012

babette blanket, revisted


a few good squaresbabette squaresMy mom and I started working on this project three years ago. A lot has happened since then, but I thought of it today- probably because I spent the entire day at home trying to be a responsible adult and get chores and studying done. It was not a generally good focusing day for me. I did finish a lecture and get three loads of laundry done. And two dried.

I think I will work on finishing up all the laundry today and do dishes tonight. I still need to make it to the gym and do four lectures. Ideally, I'd like to respond to e-mails too. We'll see how that goes.

I think the spring weather (and yesterday was surely summer) has been making me think about this blanket because of the colors. I think that this will be a good project to work on once school is over in only a month and a half. One of my goals for 2012 is going to be to finally finish this blanket from 2009. I really like it. But there are going to be a few issues because I'm pretty sure I'm going to run out of yarn and it's still going to be too small. Some problem-solving will be happening. This was one of the first projects we ever did. If I were to do it again, I would pick much thicker yarn, even though the colors of Koigu are amazing.

2 comments:

Christielli said...

Hope you get the project finished.

I've got a lot of craft projects, some of them from the early 2000s, waiting to be finished.

Harley said...

that is lovely!