Tuesday, March 13, 2012

remembering who to be

By necessity, March is going to be easier than February. One-third the exams (and easier ones- Neuroanatomy is one thing I'm fairly, okay, deliriously, happy I will never have to experience again). The weather has been beautiful and puts me in a good mood automatically. The sky was a little confusing when I woke up today, but I realized it was probably because I am unaccustomed to seeing such an early morning sky, most likely. Night owl and all. I am determined to get back to exercising again. All good things. But man, there is so much I want to do before April and the craziness that will come with it hits.

Things that should leave me no time to be watching The Bachelorette Women Tell All online today. Really, self? Was everything being said not incredibly predictable? That did not need to happen, especially since I haven't watched the show this season, with the exception of last week I watched a few episodes and felt caught up enough for the whole season. Regardless.

I want to reserve my time only for things that are deeply satisfying for me. Things like trying foods from cultures I hadn't tried before. Checking out and reading lots of books from the library (and I'm still reading Germs, Guns, and Steel). Spending real time with friends, really connecting and understanding. Writing letters. Starting to dream and research travel plans for this summer in earnest. Spending time outdoors, walking and really looking around. Taking pictures and recording moments. Writing down things that were said and important things to remember and ideas. All these things I want to do. But if I could start with keeping up with laundry and doing the dishes, I think I would be satisfied.

1 comment:

Harley said...

beautiful picture. and beautiful sentiment.