Wednesday, March 7, 2012

still too young to fail, too scared to sail away

Yesterday was Ghana Independence Day. Coincidentally, one of my favorite chocolates (ever) is from Ghana. It's called Omanhene. I received a package from Alex a few weeks ago before the big slew of exams and felt extremely lucky. I was first exposed to this chocolate at a local coffeeshop and instantly fell in love with it. They don't sell the bars anymore, although I think they might still use it in their mochas? I'm not sure, as I don't typically drink mochas.

The 48% Cocoa Content Dark Milk Chocolate is exactly my idea of chocolate that isn't too sweet or too bitter. I think I've tried the 80% before also, but after eating approximately 15 of these small bars, I can safely and definitively say that this particular one is my favorite. The other three bars can be accounted for as follows: one to my mom, one to my dad, and one uneaten. The uneaten one will probably be eaten today. I actually find it strange that they have lasted this long and must attribute it to my strong sense of will power. That is, of course, a joke, as I have on two occasions, stuck a bar in my coat pocket and whipped it out: 1) During an excruciating shopping trip and 2) During an excruciatingly long 15-minute-walk home.

These things have gotten me through some fairly tough (shopping) and extremely tough (walking) times. Thank you, Alex :)

No comments: