Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Bobtail Ice Cream Company



I'm having a really hard time putting pictures up today for some reason, but today's 68 degree weather inspired me to share some (unfortunately, not all) of the pictures from our post-Crisp expedition to Bobtail Ice Cream Company. Embarrassingly enough, it was not 68 degrees when we went to get this ice cream. In fact, it was probably 30 degrees and snowing. Although my other pictures won't upload right now, I personally was comforted by the fact that there were many other people getting their ice cream fix in. Not that one ever needs to justify ice cream.

I ordered the Espresso-flavored one. Coffee ice cream is my favorite when done right. For some reason though, I'm a little bit picky about it. As in Saad-level picky. And Saad is the master of being weirdly picky about seemingly menial things. That's a post all its own. I didn't love the flavor, although the ice cream itself was very creamy and obviously very high quality. I did enjoy Saad's Cookie Dough ice cream. I can't quite remember what he said about it (Note to self: start recording Saad's hilariously strange commentary on food). I can't say that I know what Nitin ordered either, since he quietly/sneakily ordered a good five minutes before Saad or I even realized what sizes were available. This is what I'm saying about our pickiness. Perhaps Nitin has gotten used to our slowness (and we often wonder why it takes us three times as long as it should to accomplish any task). 

I thought this shop was adorable and would be so much fun to visit in the summer. It exudes carefree summertime that can be felt year-round. The ice cream had an amazing texture and weight to it. I'll be back.

No comments: